Support Our Work
CoCoSAR’s adopted motto, “that others may live,” sums up the motivation that drives every member on the team. However, we cannot accomplish our mission without the support of generous donors.
We depend on outside funding for nearly all of our operational budget including:
- Support for ongoing training (e.g. search and rescue procedures, advanced medical training, etc.)
- Purchasing specialized equipment (computers and specialized software, radios and GPS units, ropes and climbing gear, AEDs, rescue and first aid equipment, etc.)
- Replacing supplies used during our missions (first aid supplies, batteries, perishables, printer supplies and paper, worn-out or damaged equipment, etc.).
The Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue Team is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that provides critical, often life-saving services, at no cost, to the people of Contra Costa County as well as offering mutual-aid service throughout the state of California. All team members undergo hundreds of hours of professional-level training and regular certification to maintain our skills and mission readiness.
- We are on-call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Team members often use vacation days or take unpaid leave from work to respond to callouts.
- We are not compensated in any way for our efforts, yet we spend considerable amounts of our own money for personal equipment and transportation to and from searches and trainings.
- Members of special resource teams (canine, equestrian, bikes, metal detectors, mountain rescue, etc.) also provide their own animals and specialized equipment.
- Vehicles are provided by the Sheriff’s Office.
Donations from individuals and corporations are critical to funding the team’s activities. We welcome your support. For tax purposes, our non-profit 501(c) (3) tax id # is 68-0288233.
How You Can Help
Provide a tax-deductible donation any of the following ways:
- Send a check, payable to “Contra Costa Search and Rescue” to 50 Glacier Drive, Martinez, CA 94553. (Be sure to ask your employer if they have a matching gift program.)
- Participate in the SHARES program. Simply show a SHARES card when shopping at Lucky or Save Mart supermarkets and the stores will donate up to 3 percent of each qualified purchase amount to CoCoSAR. (This costs nothing to the cardholder and does not affect the purchase price.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a SHARES card.
- When shopping on Amazon.com, click here for the special AmazonSmile fundraising link and select Contra Costa Search and Rescue as your designated charity. Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of any qualifying purchases to Contra Costa Search and Rescue. Prices are identical to the regular Amazon site, and Amazon Prime Accounts work as well. All purchases are secure (as they go through Amazon directly) and there is no additional cost to the customer.
For additional donation information, email email@example.com or call the Volunteer Services coordinator at 925-646-4461.
To download a copy of the SAR Annual Report (PDF file), click here.
Contra Costa Search and Rescue is a volunteer, nonprofit organization registered with the state of California and the federal government under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Our non-profit tax id code # 68-0288233.
Contra Costa Search and Rescue thanks these generous supporters:
Corporate giving programs
- AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
- AT&T United Way Employee Giving Campaign
- Bank of America
- Chevron Humankind Matching Gift Program
- Community Health Charities of California
- IBM Employee Services
- Indigo Films
- PG&E Corporate Campaign for the Community
- Save Mart Family of Stores
- The Jonny Brenden Fund
- The Network For Good
- Wells Fargo Community Support Campaign
Local business and community support
- ATECS, Inc., after market rep for Flanders Filters
- Brenden Theaters
- Rossmoor Rotary Foundation
- Sports Basement