The SAR Cadets are members of the CoCoSAR Team aged 14 to 18. In almost every way, the Cadets serve just as the adults team members do, acting as skilled search and rescue volunteers. They are also trained to provide medical, evidence and educational support for community events as needed at the request of the Sheriff. SAR Cadets respond to incidents such as: missing persons (children, hikers, Alzheimer’s/dementia walk-aways, etc.); wilderness/mountain searches; natural and man-made disasters; criminal case evidence searches; low- and high-angle rope rescues; and night, foul weather and rough terrain searches. SAR Cadets receive excellent training and growth opportunities that can prepare them for a variety of careers, including those in emergency services of all types, law enforcement and the military. Beyond that, participation on the SAR team will also give you invaluable life skills.
- Must be at least a high school freshman, between 14 and 18 years of age, and a U.S. citizen.
- Must have no felony arrests or convictions.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must maintain at least a “C” (2.0) grade-point-average.
- Must have a good driving record (if licensed to drive).
- Meet all minimum requirements.
- Attend an ORIENTATION meeting and pick up a SAR Cadet application. See “Join The Team” page for more information.
- Complete and submit the SAR Cadet application.
- Pass a minimum qualification appraisal interview.
- Successfully complete a background evaluation.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.